(July 1945, east-China, WW2 battlefield) I promised to bring you home… Fire! “3 hours ago” – Pick up your rifle!
– Okay! Radio man! Tell 003 to move up! 003, this is 001! Division Commander asks you to attack the enemy’s front! Hurry, get him to the infirmary before he passes out! (on the Japanese side) Hold still! Doctor, this one with the broken leg has passed out! Disinfect him first! Doctor, drink some water! Charge! – Cut off the enemy tanks!
– Yes, sir! Too much enemy fire! Our tanks may collapse! If we attack from the front, we’ll take heavy losses! Their ammo depot is behind the turrets. Wait here, I’ll lead an assault team to flank from the left! Let me go instead! – Assault team!
– Here! Follow me! Commander, generals don’t lead attacks! – Rocket launchers!
– Covering fire! There’s no turning back! We blow up that barbed wire! Anesthesia! Brother, help me… Division Commander! Attack! Call 003, coordinates: 05650, 24930! 003, 003, this is 001, do you copy? Give it to me! All canons, fire at the enemy bunker! Coordinates 05650, 24930! Got it! – How do we get this thing inside?
– Just stick it in! Ready? – Division Commander, what do we fire at?
– Watch for the canons! Fire! Wake up! Wake up! Wait, I’m not Japanese, I’m a doctor from Taiwan! How come he speaks Chinese? Salute!